Do I have to get my own music licensing?

Do I have to get my own music licensing?


Live365 Solutions Team

  • 2 months ago
  • Updated

No, you do not need to get your own licensing. All standard Live365 Broadcaster packages offer customers a “one-stop” service by providing bandwidth, broadcasting tools, and music licensing (for the United States, Canada, and U.K.) all in one place!

When joining Live365, we automatically cover all ASCAP, BMI and SESAC licenses in the United States, as well as SOCAN and Re:Sound for Canada, and PPL and PRS for Music for the U.K. Our coverage is provided through finalized agreements, interim agreements, and consent decrees with respective collection societies. These licenses are essential to running an online radio station, and they form a good portion of your monthly package cost. Listening from your station page in the Live365 directory and from your custom pop-out player will only be available to listeners in the United States, Canada, and U.K., unless you acquire your own foreign licenses.

For broadcasters that already have coverage, or are not streaming any copyrighted content, please contact for more details.

For full information on our coverage, please review our Live365 Broadcaster Terms of Service.

Read this on Live365