Xfinity xFi is a digital dashboard to manage your home WiFi network and connected home. You can self-install and set up your WiFi environment in minutes, find your WiFi password, know who’s online, troubleshoot issues and manage family members’ online experiences with features like Pause and Parental Controls.
If you’re an Xfinity Internet subscriber with an xFi Gateway, you can access the xFi experience at no additional cost through a mobile app, website or an app on the Xfinity X1 TV Box.
New Xfinity Internet subscribers can access xFi once their xFi Gateway is activated. Existing subscribers with eligible Xfinity Gateways can log into the xFi portal immediately.
These Gateways are compatible with xFi:
xFi Wireless Gateways
- Arris 1682G
- Cisco 3941T
- Cisco DPC3939
xFi Advanced Gateways
- Arris 3482G
- Technicolor CGM4140COM
xFi Fiber Gateway
- Arris X5001
Third-party routers and modems, as well as the Technicolor TC8717 Wireless Gateway, do not support xFi. Read more about equipment updates. To see which model you have, view the Devices page on My Account, or look on the bottom of your Gateway.
The best way to use xFi to manage your home WiFi network is through a mobile app. You can also access xFi online or directly from your TV with X1.
To download the Xfinity xFi app on an iPad, navigate to the App Store search settings in the upper left-hand corner of the App Store. Change the setting from iPad only to iPhone only , then search for “Xfinity xFi”.
View your xFi dashboard and WiFi information on Xfinity X1 by pressing the microphone button on your X1 Voice Remote and saying, “Go to xFi,” or “What’s my WiFi password?”
Alternately, you can also press the Xfinity button on your remote control and select the Apps icon. Next, scroll down to the Xfinity row and select the Xfinity xFi app (if you have Parental Controls enabled for this app, you will be prompted to enter your PIN). Learn about xFi on X1.
- Google Chrome 60 or later
- Firefox 55 or later
- Safari 10 or later
- Internet Explorer 11 or later
- Microsoft Edge 12 or later
- iOS 10 or later
- Android 5.0 or later
Note: Beta versions may not be fully supported. Windows and Amazon phones are not supported.
- See what devices are connected to your home network and give them nicknames for easy reference.
- Create profiles to group devices by family member.
- Instantly pause a device or profile from accessing the Internet when connected to your home network.
- Receive alerts when new devices join your network
- Set Parental Controls and bedtime schedules to ensure your kids access appropriate content at the right times. (Watch our YouTube video to learn how to enable parental controls and set bedtimes).
- View and change your WiFi name and password. See who is most active on your home network and when.
- Troubleshoot and self-solve many WiFi-related issues in minutes.
- Add, Edit or Delete port forwards.
- Access advanced features to further customize your home network.
- Access your home network information on X1.
- Extend your home WiFi coverage and provide coverage to hard-to-reach spots with xFi Pods.
Learn more about unlocking your xFi experience and optimizing your in-home WiFi network.
Liquid Layer Networks