- Click Start and open PowerShell as Administrator (Right Click > Run as Administrator)
- Stop the Windows Update Service by entering the command Stop-Service -Name wuauserv
- Remove the Windows Update registry key by entering the command Remove-Item HKLM: \Software\Policies\Microsoft\Windows\WindowsUpdate -Recurse
- Finally, Start the Windows Update Service again by entering the command Start-Service -name wuauserv
- Click Start and type regedit into the start search box, then Right Click and Run as Administrator.
- Navigate to *HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\Software\Policies\Microsoft\Windows*
- Right Click and Delete the registry key WindowsUpdate, then close the registry editor.
- Open the Services Console by entering services.msc in the start search box.
- Locate and Restart the Windows Update Service
Review the original post here:
How To: Remove WSUS Settings and Restore Windows Update Defaults – TechnoGecko
GPO prevents windows updates
Above may help with allowing updates on one machine
Group Policy, Active Directory, Windows Update Restrictions
Curated by https://ParagonHost.net Web Hosting and Services Since 1999