The Great Suspender for Chrome
Compatible with your device
Make your computer run smoothly by suspending the tabs you aren’t using
A lightweight extension to reduce chrome’s memory footprint. Perfect if you have a lot of tabs open at the same time. Tabs that have not been viewed after a configurable length of time will be automagically suspended in the background, freeing up the memory and CPU being consumed by that tab.
➤ Whitelist specific URLs or domains that you do not want to suspend
➤ Optionally show a screen capture of tab before it was suspended
➤ Vastly improves performance when restarting chrome with a large number of open tabs
➤ Detects tabs playing audio and can prevent them from suspending
➤ Detects tabs that contain forms with user input and can prevent them from suspending
➤ Configurable behavior when browsing offline or on battery power
➤ Built from open source code for full transparency
Looking for a extension like “The Great Suspender” for Firefox?
Check out Auto Tab Discard:
Auto Tab Discard a lightweight extension that uses the native method (tabs.discard) to unload or discard browser tabs which significantly reduces the memory footprint of your browser when many tabs are in use.
If you are used to keeping many tabs opened at once during your work, this extension could help you to keep your browser fresh with low memory usage by parking (hibernating) inactive tabs. This also helps portable devices to save battery.
- Speeds up your browser and minimize the memory usage: Inactive, idle or forgotten tabs can be auto-discarded after a configurable period of time or be discarded manually from the toolbar popup.
- Tabs (Sites) can be whitelisted to prevent discarding.
- Discarded tabs are retained after closing and reopening browser (using your browser’s session restore functionality)
- Tab’s favicon displays the discarded state (If the icon has opacity it is discarded)
- Tabs are being restored with all information kept intact (like scroll position or the content of text boxes) when it becomes visible again
Options: There are a few options to customize when a tab gets discarded:
- Pinned tabs
- When there is a media source playing inside a tab
- When the computer is connected to a power source
- When there is a form element (with changes) that has not yet been submitted.
Curated by Liquid Layer Networks
At Liquid Layer Web Hosting [LiquidLayer.net], we’ve made a shared web hosting platform that’s both feature-rich and easy to make use of. Our programmers have built up a custom Linux cloud web hosting platform plus an innovative Control Panel that perfectly takes advantage of its capabilities. After long hours of programming and bug fixing on our end, we are now capable to guarantee that all of our shared web hosting services are safe, virus-free, full of capabilities and very easy-to-work-with. In addition, they feature 99.9% server uptime as well as 99.9% network uptime warranties.
PC Helper | Est 1996 - Web Hosting | US, AU, UK, Finland, Bulgaria |